Thursday, November 09, 2006

Rummy, Borat and Red...I miss you...

I miss you Donny Rumsfeld, I really do. Who else can I rely on to stay the course...no matter what...well maybe Dickie Cheney and he may be gone ahuntin' soon also.

I miss you K-Fed. Did Britney really drop the d-bomb on him in a text message? That really indicates some communication glitches in their formerly trailertrasherific relationship. I don't know about you but I haven't incorporated texting into my normal communication processes the way the younger generation has.

I'll miss you LOST. Saw where the show is off til February. Why do they do that?

I miss you George "Macaca" Allen. What happened to the man who would be president? The same issues of race that took him down in his Senate race could be a positive in a run for Prez, just look at what happened to Harold Ford in Tennessee.

I miss you Gary Sheffield. The Sheff, much to my dismay, is quickly making travel arrangements out of NYC. Who will now step up, or down, to display the "me first" attitude that helps make the Yanks clubhouse the utopia of ungrateful millionaires that we've come to expect? Perhaps Senor Randy Johnson or the quietly selfish Bobby Abreu...

I miss you Borat. Sasha Cohen is getting totally overexposed and the movie is funny but in no way a comedy classic. Soon Borat will be boring and Sasha will join the slag heap of serious comedians, Mike Myers, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray Jim Carrey, Dane Cook and the like, in the formerly funny fraternity.

I'll miss you classy Ed Bradley, though in recent years I've found 60 Minutes to be less and less relevant.

And most all... I'll miss that cranky, pontificator of the hardwood, Red Auerbach, a legend, an innovator and a champion.
g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home