Friday, July 21, 2006

The Devil...



Lost one of those "well you pick the movie" deals and as a result got to see "The Devil Wears Prada". The old standby, "chick flick", sprang to mind as I strode up Third Ave. resigned to my impending metrosexual experience. I wasn't to be disappointed. Starring Meryl Streep, (always good) who was presented a batting practice meatball with this role, the bug eyed Anne Hathaway, the guy from Entourage and Stanley Tucci, who appeared to be channeling both Carson Kressley and Coco Chanel, the film turned out to be formulaic, predictable and underwrtten. I have worked with and for folks in the magazine publishing arena and can attest to the shallow, catty, and superficial set of office guidelines by which they operate. This film touches on the dark side only to make the light side all the brighter...a life lesson and happy pill for the fashion-forward types and unlike its sister in crime, Sex in the City, everything turns out great in the end...Now I guess I'll go out and get a Dolce & Gabbana man-bag to finish this ensemble I'm working on...
g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home