Tuesday, November 14, 2006

K-Fed nailed my woodchuck....

We've been on a serious landscaping binge up at the bunker. Trees, brush, excess calories... everything must be trimmed back and styled before winter. Get that deer away from the water lillies, get that woodchuck out of the woodpile...

Speaking of the woodpile...looks like the Democrats are settling in for a nice siege around the White House. The current battle will be nothing compared to Republican attacks on the Clinton presidency. I guess Bush can fall back on this quote when dealing with the exuberant Dems, "I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office on foreign-policy matters with war on my mind...." The president's swagger has diminished in direct proportion to Republican losses in Congress...bar charts later....

On the gossip front it occurs to me that K-Fed would be a more sympathetic character if his look were just a little more Brad Pitt and a little less street corner weasel. The guy is seriously devoid of any redeeming traits either esthetically and intellectually ("intellectually" is not a word to be thrown about casually when around either K-Fed or Britney).

In the sports world...my N.E. Pats got whupped by the lowly Jets this week. Debilitating to say the least.

On a more positive sports note (I think), the Sox are rumored to be on the verge of winning negotiating rights to Daisuke Matsuzaka. It appears they only had to bid more than some teams entire payroll just to get the chance to negotiate with the guy. And I used to chide my Yankee locals with the slight, "checkbook baseball". What goes around comes around I guess. Just win baby...

g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home