Thursday, May 18, 2006

Entertainment Tonight Bites the Bag

An unnamed individual just made me sit through about fifteen minutes of Entertainment Tonight. Mary Hart, looking like a warmed over cadaver with a glandular problem, was reporting from Cannes hyping the star-studded premiere of "The Da Vinci Code". Mary stood on a pier with the beach as a backdrop, without benefit of studio lighting, reading a prompter with all the comprehension of a guy on life support plodding her way through her well rehearsed series of hand motions and vocal inflections, she could be selling cars, condoms, or Tom Hanks...doesn't matter. Well according to Mary the movie is fabulous, the event was massively splendid and we should all fight and claw to get tickets to the first possible screening of the overwrought opus. I got up from the old sofa disgusted at what I had just endured. I think I'll wait a good long while before catching the film.
g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home