Friday, October 13, 2006

Fall TV Extravaganza


Some thoughts on this fall's TV offerings.

Studio 60 - how can a show about a comedy show have so few laughs? Good cast and lighting though...

Lost - leaves me Lost.

Nip/Tuck - horrible, depressing smutfest and I'm usually a sucker for that kind of thing.

The Wire - now we got something here. Gritty, authentic, street cinema where you need subtitles to know what the good people of Baltimore are spouting and to think it's Ed Burns baby and produced by a bunch of chubby white guys...bravo I say!

Shark - Just shows how star power can overcome cookie cutter casting, flacid writing and warmed over concept...Jimmy Woods leaves no scenery unchewed.

30 Rock - See Shark above. Tina Fey weak performance will ultimately kill this one, but my man Alec Baldwin shows you what comic timing is all about as he turns this lame script into comic gold.

Mangia,
g

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving Shark, mainly - like you said - because of Woods.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Galli Galli Sim Sim said...

More and more middle-aged film actors (and actress like Candace Bergen) are doing tv series and I think it's a good deal for viewers. You get to see the chops and timing of a real pro versus the neophyte talent on most shows and the "star" gets to carry the ball alot.
g

10:23 AM  
Blogger tomshideaway said...

Shark I like it,
The others, my son (27) loves it, I watch Heroes and love the chinese character, LOST I've watched from the begining and still think its worth watching finally..Jericho, while I find something wrong with the show every week I still want to see what happens. Call me crazy.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Galli Galli Sim Sim said...

From what I've seen of Jericho it has a good premise but doesn't quite pull the whole deal off. I complain about Lost but still watch it.
g

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home