Friday, November 17, 2006

Stuff

Saw the mysterious Mario Lopez and Emmitt Smith on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night. Jimmy kept trying to get some humor out of Emmitt's transition from NFL stud to ballroom dancer. Emmitt took this as another example of people not acknowledging his many faceted persona and repeatedly referred to Jimmy as being "a clown". The Jimster kept his cool let Emmitt have his way - but I had to wonder what the dynamic would have been if the roles were reversed and say a Peyton Manning called Arsenio Hall a clown...hmmm.
Of course I might have misinterpreted this whole thing do my substance abuse problem...(beer).

I know it's been touched on elsewhere but I just have to pile on Rush Limbaugh's, "I'm just so glad I don't have to carry the water for these guys anymore..." shtick. How does one of the most popular talk radio hosts admit to his audience that he has been defending policy and politicians that he, himself, knew to be crap and still maintain the undying support of said audience? Are these people listening? I find Rush entertaining on a puffed-up blowhard level, sort of like a politically misdirected Chris Farley, so by all means blather on Rush.
g

2 Comments:

Blogger alphawoman said...

I can take Rush in very small doses. I find him .....mean. I've listened to him off and on since Clinton took the office.

7:47 PM  
Blogger TPR said...

I cannot believe this is the only place I've found a comment on Emmitt Smith's Jimmy Kimmel interview. I finally had to type in "clown" into Google along with their names. What an immature blowhard this Smith is. He's been told for 15 years how wonderful he is and can't get over it. I'm from Dallas too.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home